WRA Interview Series
Antonio Joyanes, SVP for Refining at CEPSA
Part of the WRA Interview Series, with Sandil Sanmugam, Portfolio Director, Europe, World Refining Association
Published on 18th June 2020
This year’s ERTC will be held in Madrid and we are delighted to share our interview with Antonio Joyanes, SVP for Refining at CEPSA. So whilst you wait till November, Antonio shares how CEPSA has gained a competitive advantage despite the COVID-19 outbreak, digitalisation and the potential of technologies which can be considered with tight budgets.
- How has COVID-19 impacted the business?
- Has it been a challenge to focus on the long-term when thinking about survivability?
- Working dynamics and maintenance schedules in the crisis
- Behaviour habits post-crisis
- How are refineries looking at reducing GHG emissions?
- Is carbon-neutral realistic?
- CEPSA’s GHG reduction targets
- Has CEPSA learnt anything out of energy efficiency?
- Reacting to the European Green Deal
- What technologies are you looking at?
- Which would make the biggest impact hydrogen, chemical recycling and CCUS?
- Adapting to IMO regulations
You might be interested in
Richard de Caux of BP tells us more about what factors are driving refining margins, the impact of MARPOL regulations and the long-term future of oil demand. Read More
The WRA’s goal is to support the refining industry and its transition to a sustainable future. We sat down with John Gugel, President & CEO of Honeywell UOP to discuss how COVID-19 has given the opportunity for refiners to rationalise their portfolios and refocus their strategies towards stronger assets. Read More
Alice Garton told us more about the importance of climate disclosure laws, the impact of the Paris Agreement on the downstream industry, how to avoid increasing risks in climate litigation, long term plans and targets and much more. Read More