WRA Interview Series
Antonio Joyanes, SVP for Refining at CEPSA
Part of the WRA Interview Series, with Sandil Sanmugam, Portfolio Director, Europe, World Refining Association
Published on 18th June 2020
This year’s ERTC will be held in Madrid and we are delighted to share our interview with Antonio Joyanes, SVP for Refining at CEPSA. So whilst you wait till November, Antonio shares how CEPSA has gained a competitive advantage despite the COVID-19 outbreak, digitalisation and the potential of technologies which can be considered with tight budgets.
- How has COVID-19 impacted the business?
- Has it been a challenge to focus on the long-term when thinking about survivability?
- Working dynamics and maintenance schedules in the crisis
- Behaviour habits post-crisis
- How are refineries looking at reducing GHG emissions?
- Is carbon-neutral realistic?
- CEPSA’s GHG reduction targets
- Has CEPSA learnt anything out of energy efficiency?
- Reacting to the European Green Deal
- What technologies are you looking at?
- Which would make the biggest impact hydrogen, chemical recycling and CCUS?
- Adapting to IMO regulations
You might be interested in
The WRA’s goal is to support the refining industry and its transition to a sustainable future. We sat down with John Gugel, President & CEO of Honeywell UOP to discuss how COVID-19 has given the opportunity for refiners to rationalise their portfolios and refocus their strategies towards stronger assets. Read More
Entrevista WRA – Alex Muro VP Ventas, América Latina, AspenTech Read More
For the first time, colleagues at Clarion Events came together for a Black History Month celebration event. Michael Adeniya hosted the evening which was full of laughter, meeting new people and leaning into conversations about race in a way that was respectful, impactful and even enjoyable! Read More