WRA Interview Series
John Cooper, Director General for FuelsEurope and Concawe
Part of the WRA Interview Series, with Sandil Sanmugam, Portfolio Director, Europe, World Refining Association
Published on 7th July 2020
The WRA’s goal is to support the refining industry and its transition to a sustainable future. We had a conversation with John Cooper, Director General for FuelsEurope and Concawe about how they are working with the European Commission and putting refineries at the heart of the Green Deal. John and Sandil discussed FuelsEurope’s report “Clean Fuels for All” and how the current refinery blueprint will differ significantly to the refinery of 2050.
- How is COVID impacting the refining business?
- Behavioural habits changing
- How can refiners and FuelsEurope convince society that they should be part of the transition alongside renewables?
- Reflections on the Commission’s Green Deal
- What policies should the Green Deal include?
- How are the oil majors aligning with your Clean Fuels for All report?
- What will happen to those who do not introduce the report’s strategies? Will they become obsolete?
- Which technology will have the biggest impact for refiners: low carbon fuels, hydrogen & CCUS and chemical recycling?
You might be interested in
Damian Kwiatkowski, Junior Process Engineer at Grupa LOTOS S.A. won the ERTC Rising Stars Award back in November 2019 in Poland. Damian tells us about his Rising Stars experience, how his career evolved since, as well as his general thoughts on challenges the Refining industry is facing at the moment. Read More
When Ross O'Brien won the ERTC Rising Stars Awards 2018 in Cannes, he was a Mechanical Engineer at BP. We recently had a catch-up with him to learn more about his new role as Executive Assistant, Executive Office HR at BP, his career, and his thoughts on future technologies in Refining. Read More